Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Don't get a Puppy

I can not say that I was not dully informed, but I have been known to ignore good advice more than once. "I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it." At my last visit with my physician we were discussing my health and my stress level. I mentioned I was considering getting a puppy and his head snapped up so quick, his look clearly read "Are you crazy?" His mouth asked, "Why would you want to do that?" I told him, the kids want one and maybe it will be good for me. He said don't do it, that it was additional stress that I and my busy schedule do not need...I went ahead and did it anyways.

I love my puppy, I really do, but he is more than just additional stress, he is almost a full time job. My babies were easier, at least I could put them in a swing or lay them down for a nap so I could have a minute or so, the puppy, well, not so much. Then, to add to the change the puppy has brought to our already busy lives, I received a job offer I couldn't refuse. Sure it is more hours, 14 to be exact, a week and sure I don't have the extra time to spare, but there are some offers in life that you just can't turn down.

I use my hour lunch to do reading for class and the fifteen minutes I wait for Lacey to finish rehearsal is also spent reading. I have juggled worse than this....I can't remember when, but I am sure I have. Time management, time management, time management. This is key ladies and gents. Less knocks on my door at night while I am reading would help too!

So ladies, the point of tonight's blog? When your doctor tells you no puppy, listen. And when a job offer comes up that means more hours at work, less at the books. Rearrange your time, create a schedule and do your best to stick to it. If all else fails, do what I do, hide in the bath tub under some hot bubbles with a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment